Thread: Name Change Rules?

Name Change Rules?

Heya,

I know this is a minor issue compared to some out there, but I'm getting pretty tired of asking and wasting time and currency on name change items. So please, tell us what the rules are. What makes a name "inappropriate"?

The name I want is: Niʞlicious (Pancake Emoticon)

Here's a bit of my testing.

Appropriate: Niʞ (Pancake Emoticon)
    Appropriate: Niʞlicious
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlicious(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlishus(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlshus(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlshyus(Pancake Emoticon)

So... as before, all the parts of the name I want are appropriate. But not when I put them together. Why is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Heya,

I know this is a minor issue compared to some out there, but I'm getting pretty tired of asking and wasting time and currency on name change items. So please, tell us what the rules are. What makes a name "inappropriate"?

The name I want is: Niʞlicious (Pancake Emoticon)

Here's a bit of my testing.

Appropriate: Niʞ (Pancake Emoticon)
    Appropriate: Niʞlicious
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlicious(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlishus(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlshus(Pancake Emoticon)
    Not Appropriate: Niʞlshyus(Pancake Emoticon)

So... as before, all the parts of the name I want are appropriate. But not when I put them together. Why is this?!
    Dear Liege
    Maybe there's a bug when it tries to interpret the Emoji along with other words. And it would be pretty hard or time taking to fix it. So please try separate the emoji from the appended word. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Hi James, thank you... however there is not enough room to do that. I have tried "Niʞlshus (Pancake Emoticon)" (because it is shorter and will fit) with a space separating the emoji from the word, however that did not work either.

Appropriate: Fяeуjα�� (from another player)
    Not Appopriate: Niʞlicious�� (me)

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Nik; 10-13-2017 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Update after more testing

Dear Liege
    Maybe it exceeds 12-character width. Each special or east-asian character takes 2 characters in width. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Thank you James, that may explain it. I will keep that in mind in the future.