Thread: Battle Mechanics

Battle Mechanics

where are our smart players with the mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by age2legend View Post
    where are our smart players with the mechanics?
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Evony forums used to have massive charts which players had complied for checking & comparing every troop & traps stats. If they're in Forums, I'm not finding them.

Hopefully this starts something in our community.

All I have found so far is killing dark warriors with archers and 1 of each other troop.

There isn't much to help figure out how to accomplish anything in this version of the game.

I can help a little. Feel free to ask questions.

This all the info I got. As far as what kills what. Ground kills range. Range kills mounted. Mounted kill ground.

When attacking a city. You must factor in what you are attacking. The battle is a turn by turn bases, and the battle starts 2 distant spaces away from the longest range enemy. So if facing range troops, that have range of 350. Battle will start at 352 spaces away. Also add in traps and archer tower range tho

Traps kill ground. Fire arrows kill siege. Rocks kill range. Abitis kill mounted.

Best defence is ground and range. Siege troops are a good defence if not alone. Keep in mind siege can't not be wounded. They can only be killed.

Best offence is mounted and range. Ground if attacking a primarily range set up base.

Hope this helps some

Quote Originally Posted by Rbn3 View Post

This all the info I got. As far as what kills what. Ground kills range. Range kills mounted. Mounted kill ground.

When attacking a city. You must factor in what you are attacking. The battle is a turn by turn bases, and the battle starts 2 distant spaces away from the longest range enemy. So if facing range troops, that have range of 350. Battle will start at 352 spaces away. Also add in traps and archer tower range tho

Traps kill ground. Fire arrows kill siege. Rocks kill range. Abitis kill mounted.

Best defence is ground and range. Siege troops are a good defence if not alone. Keep in mind siege can't not be wounded. They can only be killed.

Best offence is mounted and range. Ground if attacking a primarily range set up base.

Hope this helps some
    Interesting. If say the defender has archers as longest range and attacker has an attack incoming of ground and archer, that means enemies range places attackers ground at 352 spaces away? Defender sets the distance the battle starts at?

If you follow old mechanics actually it's ground kill calvary, ranged kill ground, and calvary kill ranged and here's why, say you start at 350 range for example and that's the set range of archers. Round 1 archers do no advance because they are at set range already, cav move faster than ground but ground move up into archer ranges and most cav are already inside the archers range or too close to fire on, defending ground move forward in front of defending archers so attacking cavs reach defending ground first. Think of it like a pikeman, the ground stop a lot of the attacking cavs, any remaining attacking cavs get past the ground and attacking defending archers. That's how the mechanics in age 1 worked and from my experience both defending and attacking that's how they work here as well. Of course techs play a huge rule in that as well for troop attk, def, HP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbn3 View Post

Hope this helps some
    why do you think the certain troops kill the certain troops you think they kill? and how did you come to the conclusion of what the battle fields range is set at?

Quote Originally Posted by FatalsRealm View Post
    If you follow old mechanics actually it's ground kill calvary, ranged kill ground, and calvary kill ranged and here's why, say you start at 350 range for example and that's the set range of archers. Round 1 archers do no advance because they are at set range already, cav move faster than ground but ground move up into archer ranges and most cav are already inside the archers range or too close to fire on, defending ground move forward in front of defending archers so attacking cavs reach defending ground first. Think of it like a pikeman, the ground stop a lot of the attacking cavs, any remaining attacking cavs get past the ground and attacking defending archers. That's how the mechanics in age 1 worked and from my experience both defending and attacking that's how they work here as well. Of course techs play a huge rule in that as well for troop attk, def, HP, etc.
    I may possibly be misunderstanding what you are saying, But, That's not how age 1 Mechanics work. and this game is not made by the same people. although the same company own this game it's a reskinned cookie cut version of a totally different game. and has so many competely different unknown variables to evony age 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheConanGod View Post
    why do you think the certain troops kill the certain troops you think they kill? and how did you come to the conclusion of what the battle fields range is set at?
    you can look under troop building to see which troops has an advantage over which troop. the only one that does not clarify it is siege. You can quite easily see the advantage in cavs over siege though by the speed and attack power cavs have over siege.