Thread: Troop Stats?

Troop Stats?

Is there anyway to get more accurate troop stats? I dont feel the game mechanics are working as they are intended.

It is my assumption that:
    Archers > Ground
    Ground > Mounted
    Mounted > Archers

Further I would assume:
    -Attack is the power of the troop, how much damage it can do
    -Hp is the health of the troop, how much damage it can take

The things I'm uncertain of:
    Defense: Is this how much damage a troop does when its attacked when in the city? Or how much armor the troop has to help keep it alive?
    Range: How does range play in? Troops with better range do they stay out combat and therefore less likely to be injured and die?
    Speed: Does speed determine how many attacks a troop can get in or how fast they get the attacks in? and does it matter if the troops they are attacking are out of range?

As you can see without more specifics from the game these numbers really mean nothing? Could you please elaborate further on how the game mechanics work for attacking.

Right now it is fairly common knowledge in the game that Archers are far more powerful than other troop types, they die less often and do much more damage. I can send a full mixed march at a monster and have many deaths or i can pull out all my other troops and only send archers to the same lvl monster and have no deaths or hospitalized. I'm not sure how that makes sense, less troops, same monster and less losses. Dont even get me started on siege troops they are pointless for a majority of the members to even train.

If you could release any info you can on the attacking mechanics of troops players (like me) with way to much time on our hands can help evaluate their effectiveness and balance and give insight on where things are off scale. In the most recent update notes Mounted troops were patched against monsters saying they were too strong, where I feel that was not the case at all ranged are much more effective not just on monsters but on players as well.

Again, I beg of you to please give some info on the games attacking mechanics so we can create a wiki page for players who really enjoy this game and spend lots of money on it. I have spent tons and would continue to do so but I would like to make smart informed decisions and without knowing fully what speed, range, defence, hp, and attack do and how to figure into one another I feel like I could be making misinformed decisions.

I have take a lot of time to type up a well thought out message and I hope the response will not be a one line generic response. Nothing upsets those of us spending good money on this game as one line responses to our questions when we really are just trying to help improve the game and our understanding of it.

Thanks,
    Jkjace
    Server 15

Dear Liege
    Defense means the armor. And about the range and speed, both you and your opponent's troops start at 2 distant points where is out of range of all troops, and both team start charging till enemy troops get into their range, and then they will stop and start attacking. For further mechanic details, our developer said that it's simple maths and we would like players to study it themselves. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

That makes no sense why can't you give us information on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    That makes no sense why can't you give us information on the game
    Dear Liege
    Please tell us which information you need and then we can see if our developer would like to show it/them to players in the game. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by James0222 View Post
    Dear Liege
    Please tell us which information you need and then we can see if our developer would like to show it/them to players in the game. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James
    If we cant know the things that were asked above. can we at least know the range at which a battle starts? for example Evony age1 battle starts at the base range of the longest ranged unit on the field plus 200. without knowing this the rest is not a case of simple math. it would be like saying what does 457*(unknown value)=? bit hard to give an answer when their is information missing. must other things provided the game is coded correctly should be a case of numbers.

Actually, I believe it's:

Ranged>Mounted
    Mounted>Ground
    Ground>Ranged
    And siege? Well, they're pointless on here, other than they're load, for farming.

In this version of evony.)

Additionally, and I might be wrong,

Traps target mostly, if not only ground
    Rock - Ranged
    Abatis - Mounted
    Fire Arrows - Siege (again, other than farming, completely useless)

Are far as what specific ranges troops/traps actually attack at... Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by James0222 View Post
    Dear Liege

Best Regards
    James
    can archers still attack the approaching ground units - (if ground units are only 2 distance away from them? )

Quote Originally Posted by death86046 View Post
    can archers still attack the approaching ground units - (if ground units are only 2 distance away from them? )
    Dear Liege
    Our developer didn't elaborate further for me. But he just said that if the melee troops get into melee range with the archers, there's not much the archers can do. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James