Thread: Dev refused to ban a sold account

Exclamation Dev refused to ban a sold account

It has been reported by dozens of people with all proof that account ID 22996708 on server 110+113 is a sold account. The developers have accepted that it is a sold/bought account. Except, the money hungry thieves couldn't care less and continue to let the account run. I know this because I was the one that bought the account. The first owner took my money and within a couple of weeks managed to log back in and lock me out. The entire server has reported it is a sold account. The current owner of the account has accepted on their own mail that it is a purchased account. And yet, they money hungry thieves couldn't care less. They've been asked by players across servers to ban the account, because their TOS clearly states so. Sit back and give this a thought- if you were ever locked out/hacked into, is this the customer support you'd want to deal with? Is this the bunch of dimwits you'd want helping you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    It has been reported by dozens of people with all proof that account ID 22996708 on server 110+113 is a sold account. The developers have accepted that it is a sold/bought account. Except, the money hungry thieves couldn't care less and continue to let the account run. I know this because I was the one that bought the account. The first owner took my money and within a couple of weeks managed to log back in and lock me out. The entire server has reported it is a sold account. The current owner of the account has accepted on their own mail that it is a purchased account. And yet, they money hungry thieves couldn't care less. They've been asked by players across servers to ban the account, because their TOS clearly states so. Sit back and give this a thought- if you were ever locked out/hacked into, is this the customer support you'd want to deal with? Is this the bunch of dimwits you'd want helping you?
    Dear Liege
    We are sorry for what have happened to you. But we don't regconize account sharing or trading that we cannot do anything against it for you if you didn't create the account. If you have proof that the account was sold to other players as well. We could request for a investigation against the account which might be able to have the account banned. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

The account has been investigated. It was accepted by your developers that it was a sold account. Your TOS clearly says such accounts will be terminated. Or would you like me to read your TOS out to you again? As per a contract you enter with all your players, you are liable to act against such complaints, not sit on your asses making money. We are your customers who pay you. Your damn organisation is running because we pay. I wonder how you have the gall to come back and say you won't ban an account that was sold when your TOS clearly mentions that is what the policy is.

Aside from the legal channel we are working to use now, you might want to do some deliberation on how you want to run your organisation. Bigger gaming companies than yours have gone bust over such issues.

The account has been investigated. It was accepted by your developers that it was a sold account. Your TOS clearly says such accounts will be terminated. Or would you like me to read your TOS out to you again? As per a contract you enter with all your players, you are liable to act against such complaints, not sit on your asses making money. We are your customers who pay you. Your damn organisation is running because we pay. I wonder how you have the gall to come back and say you won't ban an account that was sold when your TOS clearly mentions that is what the policy is. What we have been asking is- ban the account.

Aside from the legal channel we are working to use now, you might want to do some deliberation on how you want to run your organisation. Bigger gaming companies than yours have gone bust over such issues.