Thread: Traps

Traps

Hi James

I know developers don’t like to share a lot about the battle mechanics, but i’m going to take a shot at asking anyway.

Was wondering if you could supply some details about the archer tower, walls, and traps. 1) what is the range of the archer towers and how the damage dealt by the archer tower is determined (archer attack goes up 20+m! But kills less than 10k usually); 2) do walls hp or level play a role in the battle such as increasing defending arch and seige range or providing buffer zone for the seige?; 3) finally, what is the base triggering rate of the traps, and what is damage dealt by traps based on - do traps activate and deal damage on the first turn of battle, since troops needs to move and do not attack in the first?

Thanks in advance James 😁
    Last edited by bryant-1996@hotmail.com; 08-19-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant-1996@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi James

I know developers don’t like to share a lot about the battle mechanics, but i’m going to take a shot at asking anyway.

Was wondering if you could supply some details about the archer tower, walls, and traps. 1) what is the range of the archer towers and how the damage dealt by the archer tower is determined (archer attack goes up 20+m! But kills less than 10k usually); 2) do walls hp or level play a role in the battle such as increasing defending arch and seige range or providing buffer zone for the seige?; 3) finally, what is the base triggering rate of the traps, and what is damage dealt by traps based on - do traps activate and deal damage on the first turn of battle, since troops needs to move and do not attack in the first?

Thanks in advance James 
    Dear Liege
    There's a distance between two players when the battle begins. And both players' troops charge against each other. And the troops advance a certain distance based on the troop Speed attribute. When the infantry or cavalry troop reach melee range. Your archers or catapults will be easily wiped out. 2) The Wall doesn't do much in battles. It cannot protect your ranged troops. 3) The traps are triggered when opponent troops come across the point(s) where the traps are set on the line.

Best Regards
    James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I’d like to clarify my 1st and 3rd question. In number one, I’m more referring to the archer tower in the city, not the archer troop. What role does this play in the defense. In number three, i am asking about the trap triggering rate - since there is ‘trap quality’ research that increases triggering rate by a percentage, and a talent and the Vietnamese general who also increase trigger rate, there must be some base triggering rate of the traps that is not 100%. In other words, the traps do not always inflict damage when they encounter an enemy because they do not necessarily trigger. Then, what is the base trigger rate of traps without any research or general or talent?

Thanks!

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I’d like to clarify my 1st and 3rd question. In number one, I’m more referring to the archer tower in the city, not the archer troop. What role does this play in the defense. In number three, i am asking about the trap triggering rate - since there is ‘trap quality’ research that increases triggering rate by a percentage, and a talent and the Vietnamese general who also increase trigger rate, there must be some base triggering rate of the traps that is not 100%. In other words, the traps do not always inflict damage when they encounter an enemy because they do not necessarily trigger. Then, what is the base trigger rate of traps without any research or general or talent?

Thanks!
    Dear Liege
    For question 1, Archer Tower can deal damage each round to the attacking troops before your wall is taken down. For question 3, our developer said that players should study it themselves. Traps triggered and lost. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

Hi James,

Are you able to provide information about the distance of the battlefield - whether this is variable like 2 distance units farther than the longest range in the battle or a stagnant value no matter the units involved. It is difficult to determine, especially when the mobile version doesn’t show the number of rounds of ghe fight like evony age II and I. If the mobile version can show the number of rounds lasted every fight, I think we can learn many things from that!

Also another question, when the troop buildings say that a “certain troop possess a battle advantage over another troop” (ex. Archers have a troops advantage over cavalry), does this mean archer stats (attack, defense and hp) are amplified when fighting that other troop, or does it mean it simply preferentially targets the other troop type.

Thanks 😁

Hi James,

Are you able to provide information about the distance of the battlefield - whether this is variable like 2 distance units farther than the longest range in the battle or a stagnant value no matter the units involved. It is difficult to determine, especially when the mobile version doesn’t show the number of rounds of ghe fight like evony age II and I. If the mobile version can show the number of rounds lasted every fight, I think we can learn many things from that!

Also another question, when the troop buildings say that a “certain troop possess a battle advantage over another troop” (ex. Archers have a troops advantage over cavalry), does this mean archer stats (attack, defense and hp) are amplified when fighting that other troop, or does it mean it simply preferentially targets the other troop type.

Thanks 
    Dear Liege
    I am sorry. Our developer told me that they cannot reveal the distance. But it's far enough to let both sides to form a formation before any damage is done.

Best Regards
    James