Thread: Please explain melee range

Please explain melee range

In another thread you said this......

Quote Originally Posted by James0222 View Post
    Dear Liege
    Please post the battle report here so that we could ask our developers to check about it. And siege and archers are cannot attack when the opponent troops get into melee range. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Messorem View Post
    In another thread you said this......

Please explain.
    Dear Liege
    You can see that each type of troops have an attack range and speed.
    At the beginning of a battle, you and your oppenent's troops are set on two points of a line, and you charge against each other. And the speed mean how far your troops move for each round. When the cavalries charge to point that is belong your Catapult's minimum range. Your Catapult's will no longer be able to deal damage to the cavalries. For you information, you could google Evony Age 1 or Evony Age 2 battle mechanism. I think we didn't modify much and you might be able to find tricks to make your ranged troops stand longer. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by James0222 View Post
    Dear Liege
    You can see that each type of troops have an attack range and speed.
    At the beginning of a battle, you and your oppenent's troops are set on two points of a line, and you charge against each other. And the speed mean how far your troops move for each round. When the cavalries charge to point that is belong your Catapult's minimum range. Your Catapult's will no longer be able to deal damage to the cavalries. For you information, you could google Evony Age 1 or Evony Age 2 battle mechanism. I think we didn't modify much and you might be able to find tricks to make your ranged troops stand longer. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James
    Interesting......

But i do not see a "minimum range" value. There is only "Range". I assume that to mean the farthest range the troop will begin attacking.

Where would i find a value for minimum range??

Minimum range is just before non,ranged units overrun the ranged troop. It helps if,you know starting range of battle....but take a,graph paper,and,plot each troop,speed and,range. Then over and over add speed on the reproject range. The point at which troops engage is based on maximum range...the point at which they disengage is minimm...so,when cavalry or foot troops occupy the same space the ranged,units do, the range does not fight back at all

This is why cavalry speed and siege range boosts are important...to maximize killing by closing,distance and then for siege to tarfet further and also extend battle starting range

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahlake@gmail.com View Post
    Minimum range is just before non,ranged units overrun the ranged troop. It helps if,you know starting range of battle....but take a,graph paper,and,plot each troop,speed and,range. Then over and over add speed on the reproject range. The point at which troops engage is based on maximum range...the point at which they disengage is minimm...so,when cavalry or foot troops occupy the same space the ranged,units do, the range does not fight back at all

This is why cavalry speed and siege range boosts are important...to maximize killing by closing,distance and then for siege to tarfet further and also extend battle starting range
    🤔🤔🤔 So minimum range isnt a defined value, its fluid.

Changing books will change at what point ranged troops quit attacking/defending and ground/cav take over.