Thread: Pack payments (all read)

Pack payments (all read)

So here is my concern and it may be the concern of many.

For the event packs on evony most are listed as such in dollars,
    $4.99 / $9.99 / $19.99 / $49.99 / $99.99
    And as so in pounds
    £4.99 / £9.99 / £19.99 / £48.99 / £99.99

I believe Australia has its own number and I don’t know about anywhere else but what is evident here to see

At the moment according to ex.com (money conversion website)
    $1 = £0.73 and reversed
    £1 = $1.35

So realistically looking at the 99.99 package a U.K. player paying in GBP is paying ~$135 for the same as an American pays $99.99... how is that in any way shape or form fair ?

If the player buys all 5 event packs it is not $185 it is ~$251

I was not really away of this until recently but I am vip 14 which means I have spent a lot, and if I had paid in $ I would have saved a lot of money!

This needs addressed, can you shed any light or compensation James ? This really needs altered soon. I have also filed a formal complaint with Apple for this discrimination

Do you really think Evony gives a sh-it?

Go look at the USD versus the Chinese Yaun exchange rate!

Dear Liege
    Please notice that EU countries will charge Value Added Tax on online purchases. Same as some states in the United States. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

It’s not a value added tax when the amounts are the same consistently and are paired with dollar to pound ?

U have the potential for such a game and so many features which could be implemented yet you and peanut are the only two doing anything ? Outsource more help and run shit better and it will pay off

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro12345 View Post
    It’s not a value added tax when the amounts are the same consistently and are paired with dollar to pound ?

U have the potential for such a game and so many features which could be implemented yet you and peanut are the only two doing anything ? Outsource more help and run shit better and it will pay off
    Dear Liege
    Could you attach on of your order receipt here so that we could ask our developers to have a check please? Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Dear Liege
    And please also attach a screenshot here which shows the in-game prices in Pounds. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

Hi, I’ve noticed this also. As a UK resident I feel that compared to my US friends, we’re being treated unfairly as the prices for packs are the same numbers in both currency’s ($4.99 and £4.99). I’ve spent at least £600 on this game and I could’ve been getting much more value for money. If they were on the same exchange rate, I could’ve gotten a £100 pack. This is quite a big issue in my opinion and any help to get this sorted would be a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hi, I’ve noticed this also. As a UK resident I feel that compared to my US friends, we’re being treated unfairly as the prices for packs are the same numbers in both currency’s ($4.99 and £4.99). I’ve spent at least £600 on this game and I could’ve been getting much more value for money. If they were on the same exchange rate, I could’ve gotten a £100 pack. This is quite a big issue in my opinion and any help to get this sorted would be a huge help.
    Dear Liege
    Please attach a screenshot which shows the in-game prices in Pounds. And if you ever bought a package, please also check your bill or receipt and see if it's the same price as it shows in the game. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

The pounds price for a pack

And the payments for a pack

If these were dollars as listed much cheaper
    Last edited by Pyro12345; 01-15-2018 at 11:02 PM.

The pounds price for a pack

And the payments for a pack

If these were dollars as listed much cheaper
    Dear Liege
    The pictures are too small with 150*100 pixels.
    You can try upload the pictures to postimg.org or imgur.com and then paste the link here. If you are using a PC, you can attach the picture by using our reply toolbar to attach the pictures. And please make sure that you upload the picture but not a thumbnail. Thumbnail is just a picture preview with low definition. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

So here is my concern and it may be the concern of many.

For the event packs on evony most are listed as such in dollars,
    $4.99 / $9.99 / $19.99 / $49.99 / $99.99
    And as so in pounds
    £4.99 / £9.99 / £19.99 / £48.99 / £99.99

I believe Australia has its own number and I don’t know about anywhere else but what is evident here to see

At the moment according to ex.com (money conversion website)
    $1 = £0.73 and reversed
    £1 = $1.35

So realistically looking at the 99.99 package a U.K. player paying in GBP is paying ~$135 for the same as an American pays $99.99... how is that in any way shape or form fair ?

If the player buys all 5 event packs it is not $185 it is ~$251

I was not really away of this until recently but I am vip 14 which means I have spent a lot, and if I had paid in $ I would have saved a lot of money!

This needs addressed, can you shed any light or compensation James ? This really needs altered soon. I have also filed a formal complaint with Apple for this discrimination
    Dear Liege
    Our developer told us that the prices are converted by Apple. It does show the same price number for US and UK but one in Dollar and one in Pound. You may ask Apple about how they come up with the price.
    Our developer told me that Apple would tune the price to the nearest x9.99 after all the taxes and exchange rate conversion. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

Sorry James, u can click on those images and they load larger. However for your second reply is as useless as the customer support in game.

The app is purposely ignoring a blatant fact.
    Accusing Apple is simply unacceptable below is a direct customer conversation with Apple support.

“Friday, Jan 05, 2018 07:33 PM
    Duration 14 minutes 36 seconds

Caleb

Hi, Chris! My name is Caleb. I'm an iTunes Support Advisor here with Apple.

Caleb

I know how valuable your time is. I look forward to helping to resolve your issue as quickly and effortlessly as possible. How are you today?

Chris Anderson

I’m not bad

Caleb

How can I help

Chris Anderson

The previous conversation was long, I don’t know if you can see it, basic version, I was unhappy and felt discriminated against that as a uk customer to an app listed on iTunes I paid £99.99 where an American paid $99.99 for th exact same item, so I was losing out heavily in conversion fees

Caleb

I’m certainly sorry to hear that you felt your region’s pricing was unfair.

Chris Anderson

I was asked to contact the developers who I have contacted and they have replied saying there is nothing they can do ? I can provide picture of their reply to my message

Caleb

Please understand that it’s the developer’s who set their pricing globally, and not Apple.”

———————

So next developer excuse ?

Dear Liege
    The number was calculated by Apple. If you think that it's useless. Then that's it. If you are still suspicious. Call Apple and ask them they return that price to the game. And you can ask them if the developer lied to you on the prices. Thank.

Best Regards
    James