Thread: Archers versus Calvary

Archers versus Calvary

Hello,
    I lost a battle that I cannot explain. I sent archers and defender had Calvary. Even stats, even general, even troop count. I lost and really not close. I have always understood archers beat cavs, cavs beat ground, ground beat archers.

I put in a ticket to in game customer service and as usual got a pathetic none answer. When I responded that I was unsatisfied with the answer and wanted an explanation of why I lost they appear to have deleted my request. To be honest customer service in this game is down right useless. I mean they are just awful.

I am hoping someone here can help because no one in my alliance can explain. They are all shocked I lost.

If I cannot get a satisfactory answer I am going to quit. It can get very expensive building and healing troops and I am not going to fight battles without understanding mechanics. I can provide screen snapshots.

Thank You for your time

Account Id is 13691106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171211-195431.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171211-195452.jpg 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171211-195437.jpg 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171211-195443.jpg 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	844
    Last edited by MutantMonkey; 12-12-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Dear Liege
    You have no chance to win when the Cavalry get into melee range. You should have ground troops to hold the Cavalry from reaching your archers. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by James0222 View Post
    Dear Liege
    You have no chance to win when the Cavalry get into melee range. You should have ground troops to hold the Cavalry from reaching your archers. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Thank you are there good sources of information where I can kearn more?

Hello James,

Last week you told me troop composition played a vital roll in winning a battle.

Now ranged troops directly counter mounted troops. By this logic if the defending player and the attacking player both have the same buffs, general strength & march size then a pure ranged march should crush a pure mounted defence.

Are you saying that if MutantMonkey had sent a full wave of ground troops that he would have won? or do mounted troops wipe out ground troops as they have the advantage over them and also wipe out ranged troops even though they are weak to them?

The games battle mechanics make no sense. If we tested this theory by re creating this situation & the attacker sending a pure ground wave vs the defending mounted wave I can guarantee the mounted troops would win every time. Why is this not the case when mounted troops are fighting there weakness? By this logic are you saying mounted troops are the best in the game as they actually beat the troops they are strong against & beat the troops they are weak against?

Make sure you respond back in great detail answering each one of the points I have made.

Thanks!

I would like a detailed explanation on all battle mechanic for troop match ups wrote up as well.

This is very deceiving you say in game ranged beats mounted but as this report shows thats not the case.

This is exploiting the player base by lying to them in game to loose troops & obtain more money in the form of packs if they loose due to Evony's deceitful manner. If this was to happen to me I'd not have even bothered to open a ticket or go to the forums. I'd honestly just lodge a complaint with iTunes legal team & be put directly into contact with the developer each time.

Seriously evony, didn't you guys learn from age 1 & 2 that appalling customer support leads to a dead game? What do you do when the Evony player base all quit & go to
    a better war games & leave negative reviews on your app? Nobody is going to want to play a war game with a 1 star rating when there are 100s of better alternatives.

This is very true. Reviews left in the Apple store will kill the game. Customer service only caters to the highest spenders and screws over the smaller less spending players.

Archers do beat cavs however cavs don't just sit still like fish in a barrel As James explained u need foot too hold cavs long enough too kill them for example u have a defender and with 300k cavs you can send a 300k wave of archers but archers alone are weak so sending 75-100k foot will be needed too hold the cavs long enough too kill them

Same goes for foot vs siege because the range is so big on them

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMonkey View Post
    Thank you are there good sources of information where I can kearn more?
    Dear Liege
    You may google for the old evony battle mechanics most of which are still employed in the mobile version. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Famigerato View Post
    Hello James,

Last week you told me troop composition played a vital roll in winning a battle.

Now ranged troops directly counter mounted troops. By this logic if the defending player and the attacking player both have the same buffs, general strength & march size then a pure ranged march should crush a pure mounted defence.

Are you saying that if MutantMonkey had sent a full wave of ground troops that he would have won? or do mounted troops wipe out ground troops as they have the advantage over them and also wipe out ranged troops even though they are weak to them?

The games battle mechanics make no sense. If we tested this theory by re creating this situation & the attacker sending a pure ground wave vs the defending mounted wave I can guarantee the mounted troops would win every time. Why is this not the case when mounted troops are fighting there weakness? By this logic are you saying mounted troops are the best in the game as they actually beat the troops they are strong against & beat the troops they are weak against?

Make sure you respond back in great detail answering each one of the points I have made.

Thanks!
    Dear Liege
    Our developer doesn't tell me much about the battle mechanics. But he told me that you should have infrant troops before your range troops so that you could take more advantage against cavalries.
    And both side start from 2 points on a line and charge against each other. Troop speed means how far you can advance each round if not engaged. And ranged troops is weak when they are hit in melee range. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

In A1 evony, the archers begin engaging when they're first in range of the enemy troops. They don't move, after that point. Each round would consist of player 1's archers firing, and player 2's cavalry moving forward their designated number of spaces. Each round consists of ranged troops killing scores of cavalry, each time.

Their (cavalry) speed comes into play if it's fast enough to get to the archers before they all get wiped out. That's the key. If they're not fast enough, archers win.

If MM's general has a range boost skill, then he should have another advantage. If his opponent has a mounted speed skill (plus relevant general's attributes), then they could negate any range advantage. If troops counts are similar, along with comparable general levels, then unless MM could kill ALL the enemy's cavalry in the first few rounds, it would only suffice that some ponies made it to his archers, and killed them all.

James, you are correct in that the ground troops would move forward, past the archers, and hit the cavalry. This would, indeed, slow down the ponies, hopefully long enough for the archers to do their thing. But, once they're in range, the archers do not move forward anymore.